The dual armboard allows 2 Origin Live or Rega arms to be fitted to the deck. Reasons for this are as below:
- If you have dirty or damaged records you can play them through a cheap cartridge without needing to keep changing cartridge.
- You may have 2 cartridges for particular applications such as a mono cartridge for mono records.
- If you set up the arms for different record thicknesses it avoids needing to keep adjusting the vta.
- Dealers use them to enable quick comparisons of different tonearms with the same cartridge.
If you are considering this option, then it is easier and saves money to order the dual armboard subchassis with the deck and not at a later date.
If you already have a standard Origin Live deck and wish to change to a dual armboard, the only solution is to swap over the entire sub-chassis assembly. This option is only possible on MK3 decks and also involves considerably more expense than ordering the deck with dual armboard included.
Please note that the dual armboard for the Aurora and Calypso is different and more economical than that of the one for the Resolution and Sovereign decks.
- If you wish to order a dual armboard with the deck of your choice then you will find the ordering option on the same page as the deck of your choice.
- If you wish to retro-fit an arm to an existing deck then folow this link "Parts and maintanance" or select similarly named side menu button on the turntable menu.
The photos below show a dual armboard and how it looks mounted on a Calypso deck. This configuration is the same on all decks.